'

[Irl-dean] FW: ANEC 2006/003: important lobbying request for APPROVAL vote (new CEN BT resolution on mandate on ICT Accessibility by 20 Feb 06)

Hugh O'Neill honeill at crc.ie
Tue Jan 17 11:18:59 GMT 2006

Hi Mark,

Will do.

All the best,
Hugh

-----Original Message-----
From: irl-dean-admin at list.eeng.dcu.ie
[mailto:irl-dean-admin at list.eeng.dcu.ie]On Behalf Of Mark Magennis
Sent: 17 January 2006 10:32
To: irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie
Subject: [Irl-dean] FW: ANEC 2006/003: important lobbying request for
APPROVAL vote (new CEN BT resolution on mandate on ICT Accessibility by
20 Feb 06)

Dear All,

You might remember that back in August, Irl-DeAN wrote to Tony Losty of
NSAI, urging him to support the adoption of the draft EU standardisation
mandate on "European accessibility requirements for public procurement
of products and services in the ICT domain".

The email below, which came from the European Disability Forum (EDF) by
way of Dónal Rice, explains that the draft mandate was approved in
December and is now to be put to the CEN Technical Board for vote. I've
attached the CEN memo (PDF file). The EDF are asking people to lobby our
CEN representative to make sure it goes through. We should carry on our
good work by doing this.

I guess we can write more or less a copy our original letter. From the
info I've been given, it seems our CEN representative is Brian
Cunningham of NSAI.

Hugh, can you draft a letter?

Mark

------------------

Subject: Fw: ANEC 2006/003: important lobbying request for APPROVAL vote
(new CEN BT resolution on mandate on ICT Accessibility by 20 Feb 06)

        To:     "Branislav Mamojka" <mamojka at unss.sk>, "Cearbhall E. O
Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie>, "Eric Kornneef"
<EKoornneef at nda.ie>,
"Josefa Alvarez" <t.proyectos06.cen at fsc.es>, "Karin Mansson"
<karin.mansson at nhr.se>, "Marino Tommaso" <tommamar at tin.it>, "Mark Hoda"
<mark.hoda at rnid.org.uk>, "Rodolfo Cattani" <inter at uiciechi.it>, "Rudolph
Brynn" <rbr at shdir.no>, "Alejandro - ELSA" <armv at castelar14.com>, "Andrea
Micangeli" <andrea.micangeli at uniroma1.it>, "Annalu Waller"
<awaller at computing.dundee.ac.uk>, "Bue Vester-Andersen"
<bva at dkblind.dk>,
"Edwin Farr" <edwinjfarr at totalise.co.uk>, "Elena Cano Arias"
<ecar at once.es>, "Enrique Varela" <evarela at fundaciononce.es>, "Gengoux
Gomez" <self-advocacy at inclusion-europe.org>, "Gerry Ellis"
<gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com>, "Gerry Ellis"
<gerry.ellis at boimail.com>,
"Jari Heiskanen" <jari.heiskanen at kl-deaf.fi>, "Javier Romanach"
<jromanac at grupoeid.com>, "Jorge Sanchez"
<coordinator.tecnologias at fundacioncnse.org>, "Kaido Kikkas"
<kaido.kikkas at kakupesa.net>, "Karin van Puyenbroeck" <kvp at eudnet.org>,
Martin Ladstatter <office at bizeps.or.at>, "Mia Ahlgren"
<mia.ahlgren at hso.se>, "Oivind Skotland" <oivind.skotland at ffo.no>, "Peter
Brass" <mail at pbrass.de>, "Sophie Vankriekinge"
<sophie.vankriekinge at anahm.be>, "Toril Laberg" <tol at shdir.no>, "Ulf
Olsson" <ulf.olsson at fs.hrf.se>, "Veijo Nikkanen"
<veijo.nikkanen at kvtl.fi>
        cc:
        Subject:        ANEC 2006/003: important lobbying request for
APPROVAL vote (new CEN BT resolution on mandate on ICT Accessibility by
20
Feb 06)

For your information and action

To the EDF Standardisation and ICT networks,

subject: new CEN BT resolution on Mandate M/376 (European accessibility
requirements for public procurement of products and services in the ICT
domain)

Dear All,
I am writing to you about the draft Mandate M/376 (European
accessibility
requirements for public procurement of products and services in the ICT
domain).
The draft mandate was discussed at the 98/34 Committee in August 2005
and,
after some modifications, approved in December 2005. We would like to
thank you for your lobbying efforts toward the 98/34 Committee members.
Now, the draft mandate is put forward to the CEN Technical Board for
vote
by correspondence with deadline 20 February 2006. <= SPAN
class=372433007-28042005>I am writing to you to kindly ask you to lobby
the member of the CEN BT from your country to support the following CEN
BT
resolution :
Draft Resolution  BT C001/2006 Mandate M/376 (European accessibility
requirements for public procurement of products and services in the ICT
domain(document BT N 7466 attached)
ANEC supports the draft Mandate M/376 (European accessibility
requirements
for public procurement of products and services in the ICT domain)
because:

it is a basic consumer right to have access to products and services.
Discrimination exists if older people and people with disabilities
cannot
use many of today's mainstream products and services
Standards need to be developed to realise the full potential of the
legislative instruments which encourage a Design for All approach
Public procurement is beneficial for consumers as it will increase the
market demand of accessible mainstream ICT products & services (this is
already happening in the United States)
For your convenience, I also enclose the lists of permanent and
alternate
CEN  BT members (attachments).
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your co-operation in this important matter.
Kind regards,

Chiara GIOVANNINI
Programme Manager
ANEC - European Association for the Co-ordination of
Consumer Representation in Standardisation
Av. Tervueren 32 box 27 - B-1040 Brussels
Tel. +32 2 743 24 70 - E-Mail: anec at anec.org
Fax +32 2 706 54 30 -
Direct E-mail: c.giovannini at anec.org
Internet: <http://www.anec.org/>

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailMonitor at boimail.com and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
for the presence of known computer viruses.

(See attached file: BT_Permanent_Members.pdf)(See attached file:
BT_Alternate_Members.pdf)(See attached file: 7466.pdf)

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the
material from any computer.  It is the policy of the National Disability
Authority to
disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that
the material
contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender
immediately.

Information in this e-mail (including attachment) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. opinions expressed  in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of the Central Remedial Clinic. If this email has been received in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify us by email at helpdesk at crc.ie and thereafter delete this email from your system.