'

[Irl-dean] Forum Problem

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at ncbi.ie
Wed Feb 1 13:05:28 GMT 2006

Hi Hugh,

> I'll also have to tighten up the permissions,
at the moment there is guest access allowed, and it is self registration.

It looks like an attack by automated "bots" that register themselves with
links etc in their message fields. This is a nasty way of doing black SEO
(improving placement in search engines by increasing the number of sites that link to theirs).

Josh