'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

Tim Culhane tim.culhane at criticalpath.net
Wed Feb 22 15:38:24 GMT 2006

Hi,

What about stressing the  commercial benefits for companies in designing a
website which is fully accessible.

There was a recent study in the UK which said that companies with poorly
designed websites were missing out on millions of pounds in potential
revenue because visually impaired people found it too difficult to access
their services online.

Pointing out financial gain often concentrates the minds of companies rather
than the social and moral aspects of designing  accessible websites.

Tim