'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Wed Feb 22 17:05:33 GMT 2006

Hugh,
how about a couple of practical demonstrations, for example someone using a
screen reader, or someone reviewing a webpages using something like the Web
Accessibility Toolbar.  I could offer my services and the loan of some kit
for at least part of the day.  I'm fairly adept with WAT but absolutely
useless with JAWS, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Dónal Rice

             Hugh O'Neill
             <honeill at crc.ie>
             irl-dean-admin at li         "Irl-dean (E-mail)"
             st.eeng.dcu.ie            <Irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie>
                                                                        cc

             22/02/2006 14:58                                      Subject
                                       [Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

             Please respond to
             irl-dean at list.een
                 g.dcu.ie

Hi everyone,

We are looking into taking a stand out in this years ICT Expo in May.

Overall we want to promote the use of the principles of design for all.
Last year we had some assistive technology at the stand to demonstrate
with, and a design for all presentation running.
I am looking for suggestions for this year:

- Is there a theme or an aspect of design for all that would be useful to
promote?
- Ideas for the display & presentation

If we take the same size stand, we will have 3meters by 2 meters space,
with a small table.

All suggestions are welcome.

All the best,

Hugh O'Neill
Project Co-ordinator,
Central Remedial Clinic.

ph: +353 1 8057587
email:honeill at crc.ie

Information in this e-mail (including attachment) is confidential. It is
intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If
you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination,
distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained
in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. opinions expressed  in this email
may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of the
Central Remedial Clinic. If this email has been received in error we would
be grateful if you could immediately notify us by email at helpdesk at crc.ie
and thereafter delete this email from your system.