'

[Irl-dean] European Directives on Public Procurement

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Thu Feb 23 08:25:19 GMT 2006

Hi, all,

Two European Directives on Public Procurement were due to be enforced in Ireland at the end of January. The regulations relating to these have not yet been finalised, so may still be influenced. These are very important for people with disabilities.

For details on the Directives, go to the etenders site
www.etenders.gov.ie
Fromn there choose guides then general procurement guidelines.

Here you will find a list of 20 items. The first is a general description which does not mention disability. The last (no. 20) is the real meat as it is the draft of the regulations.

I don't know if this server allows attachments, but I have attached my letter to the Dept of Finance regarding these. Can IrlDean do something. Note that time is terribly short.

I have a summary of the Directives if anyone is interested.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT

Tel   (+353-1) 282-7791