'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Fri Feb 24 12:05:31 GMT 2006

Hugh,

You ask a very pertinent question and one that most people don't seem to
know the answer to.

First a practical tip -  ask the organisers to remove the ceiling. This will
open the stand up and straight away differentiate you from the stands beside
you. You're likely to have spots so you don't need the cheap ceiling lights.
This was an excellent tip I picked up from an exhibition company.

Everyone else is likely to use a lot of colour, so the more white you use
the more you'll stand out.

Before you talk about the 'creative' side, I'd advise you to ensure you have
a well defined objective - what is it you hope to achieve with the stand
exactly?

"Overall we want to promote the use of the principles of design for all." I
don't honestly know what this means, so visitors passing by probably won't
know either. You need to be more concise - design in what respect? I've only
seen comments for web based design, so I'm assuming you're focusing on this?
I know the objective of the group is to talk about design in the widest
sense, but I've yet to read anything that's not web related. This isn't a
negative comment , I'm just trying to establish exactly what you want to
achieve with the stand.

The 'message' needs to be very clear and to the point. So, if I'm walking
past, I need to know what you do within 5 to 10 seconds. Slogans such as
increase in ROI and drive customers to your site don't work because everyone
else is doing it.

Regarding the creatives, you could demonstrate the commercial losses of
inaccessible websites that don't permit access to search engines. Search
engine optimisation is something that everyone understands.

Hope this helps
Paul

-----
Segala
New website goes live this month!
M: +44 (0)7734 606 453
-----
Bronze Sponsor of WWW2006 Conference
www.www2006.org

Gold Sponsor of Internet World 2006
www.internetworld.co.uk

      All the best,
      Hugh

      >Hi everyone,
      >
      >We are looking into taking a stand out in this years ICT
      Expo in May.