'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

brendan spillane brendan at ilikecake.net
Fri Feb 24 12:34:15 GMT 2006

I agree with Paul on this epically about getting the message to the passers
by in only a few seconds. What may be useful is stating the amount of people
in this country that have at least 1 form of disability and inform the
passers by that their company maybe ignoring this major percentage of the
population (8%)

Can any business afford to turn 8% of it potential customers away from the
door????

It is my belief that accessible design will only really become mainstream
once there is an economic reason for companies to implement it whether this
is through advantageous access to more customers or heavy fines from the
government. And we have seen how long it takes legislation to come along.

Brendan

www.ilikecake.net