'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Fri Feb 24 12:48:47 GMT 2006

And don't forget annotated search results that highlight accessible websites
that meet users' preferences. So the real question is, can you afford users
to filter your site out of their search results in the future?

Here's an example of what the security people are doing www.trustwatch.com
you will note that every result is annotated with an icon. I met the CTO of
GeoTrust just before Christmas, while they were very keen to include our
Trustmark they weren't so keen to use open methods that are scalable for the
entire Internet.

Search annotation allows users to make an informed decision before entering
a site. When I talked to Google about this at a recent W3C meeting they were
more interested in allowing users to 'filter' because changing the user
interface isn't easy to get sanctioned (I wonder why).

Content discovery and selection based on trust is coming to a store near
you.

Paul

  _____