'

[Irl-dean] All this Directive stuff

Barry McMullin mcmullin at eeng.dcu.ie
Fri Feb 24 14:39:01 GMT 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Tim Culhane wrote:

> Since they are bound under sections 26 and 28  of the disability act to make
> their  services a ccessible,  does that mean I can complain  to the
> ombudsman?
>
> I was planning to ask the equality authority   too take a case against Irish
> rail.
>
> Which approach would people advise?

Hey Tim -

I don't have any idea of which approach might be more effective -
and, of course, I'm mainly disappointed that you find yourself in
this situation.  But, to make a virtue out of a vice, I would
really *love* to see some case law that might clarify what the
current legal situation really means. So - if you need an extra
pro bono "expert witness", I'm on call!

Best - Barry.