'

[Irl-dean] ICT-Expo

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Mon Feb 27 05:53:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

8% is a very low estimation on the number of people who have a disability.

The report of the Commission on the Status of People with Disabilities reckons that it is conservatively 10%. However, half of these are over 60 years old

Microsoft commissioned Forrester to do research for them and came up with a figure of 60% of the population who are in some way or other affected in their use of technology if it is inaccessible. See their research at
www.microsoft.com/enable

Take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT