'

[Irl-dean] EU Web Accessibility Certification (yet another survey)...

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Tue Feb 28 14:08:44 GMT 2006

I've completed it. However it didn't allow me to include more than one
country in question 2. Regrettably I had to put the UK because that's where
the vast majority of our 'accessibility' revenue has been generated from
until now.

For the record, I'm extremely surprised that Segala wasn't invited to help
specifically. Just about everything that's being proposed in the 'concept'
document was implemented by us two years ago. A Trustmark linking to a
certificate with reporting features for end users etc. isn't new. We even
have a machine-readable Trustmark that many European initiatives and
associations are asking us to help them with.

It's very likely that this new Trustmark will include a content label
(machine-readable) in the future, this will again be using the exact same
Semantic methods as Segala. This is a given because the EU Safer Internet
Plus programme for 'self-labels' uses our Trustmark and certification scheme
as its primary case study, the partners in this include the European office
for the W3C. Moreover, this content labelling method is being proposed by
the W3C as a replacement for PICS, another W3C recommendation used by
Microsoft Internet Explorer for content filtering.

I hope we can be of some help in the future.

Kind regards,