'

[Irl-dean] Question

brendan spillane brendan at ilikecake.net
Tue Feb 28 17:55:28 GMT 2006

Hi all

As I am a new member to Irl-DeAN I am still coming to understand its roll
but I would like to pose this question

Does Irl-DeAN ever lobby, or suggest (at a conference or by letter) any
changes to Macromedia products, in my case Dreamweaver and Contribute
specifically?

If it was easier to create accessible websites and maintain their
accessibility level it would make my job easier. It would also make it much
easier for others to learn how to create accessible websites.

At the moment Dreamweaver's default is to implement code which has been
deprecated by the W3C. This can be seen in the case of its instance to use
tables, block quotes etc in many cases you have to go into the preferences
to turn on the accessibility features.

By using their content management software Contribute it is impossible to
maintain the accessibility level of a site when using this program.

Ps if anyone can inform me of another content management system which will
properly code acronyms etc to conform with W3C standards it would be very
much appreciated.

Brendan

www.ilikecake.net