'

[Irl-dean] Question

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Tue Feb 28 21:23:55 GMT 2006

Hi Brendan,

Drupal is a free open source CMS. This is used by Firefox and Tim
Berners-Lee for his personal blog [1]. So, good references. We work with the
company that maintains www.spreadfirefox.com so they might be able to assist
you with setting it up.

Some of our team use Dreamweaver but also hand code, so they might be able
to point you in the right direction. Our team don't design or build websites
for agencies or their end clients, but we need to be able to assist them in
doing so. Sorcha is a hand coder, uses Dreamweaver and is involved in one of
the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 task forces. Sorcha?

In answer to your first question, Macromedia are heavily involved in the W3C
so they are making progress towards a more accessible product set. Also, the
W3C have guidelines specifically for content authoring tool vendors just
like they do for content authors (I hate that term). [2] The Web
Accessibility Initiative is much more than just the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines.

[1] http://drupal.org/
[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/groups.html

Hope this helps :)