'

[Irl-dean] Question

Mark Magennis mark.magennis at ncbi.ie
Wed Mar 1 09:52:56 GMT 2006

Brendan,

In answer to your first question, I personally don't think Irl-DeAN
should lobby companies like Macromedia. There are other bigger and
better channels for doing this and we should be careful not to overload
Irl-DeAN. I'd like to see Irl-DeAN stick very much within a local Irish
context. I think we're doing some good work. The three or four lobbying
efforts we have aready done concerning Irish policy and legislation. Our
seminars touching on topics of Irish interest. And our working group on
design for all within Irish curricula. These are all examples of where
we should focus the group efforts in order to do things that would
otherwise not happen here.

That's not to say we can't individually get involved in other wider
issues. And we do of course, but through organisations that are targeted
at those areas.

All the best,