'

[Irl-dean] Irish rail website

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Mon Mar 6 18:27:28 GMT 2006

Hi Everyone,

I share your frustrations regarding the lack of real understand within the
industry.

Perhaps we could offer our help by providing high level independent advice
regarding the technical problems they face. Ask what it is they think the
problem is. This would force them to look at the problem at least.
Unfortunately rolling back to a previous build of such a implementation may
not be as easy as it should be so I wouldn't be too hard on them.

Personally, I thought their response was positive and friendly. I know this
could be a fob off but let's give them a chance to respond technically.
Perhaps you could ask them for a rough timescale for resolving the issues so
we can communicate this to the community? In a friendly way this tells them
that they'll receive bad PR unless they work with us.

I'm very sorry if I appear to be negative to this approach, I'm just playing
devil's advocate in the hope that we can make some positive change.
Unfortunately change is a very painful process to implement, especially when
we're talking about changing people's attitudes.

Kind regards,