'

[Spam] RE: [Irl-dean] False Accessibility Developers

Mark Magennis mark.magennis at cfit.ie
Fri Mar 31 15:58:44 IST 2006

I found the other report about false accessibility claims. It was by
E-Access Bulletin and based on research by RNIB in March 2005. RNIB did
a survey of 468 UK council websites. Analysis of a subsample of 68 sites
by E-Access Bulletin revealed that nine of the councils claimed to have
achieved WCAG level AAA for all or part of their sites and displayed the
official WCAG compliance logo. However, none of the nine were found to
reach even level AA and seven did not even reach level A. In total, of
the 68 sites, 23.5% were shown to have made false claims of
accessibility.

Mark