'

[Irl-dean] Guide to Good Practice in Commissioning Accessible Websites link

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Thu Apr 13 10:32:07 IST 2006

      -----Original Message-----
      From: irl-dean-admin at list.eeng.dcu.ie
           > we could recommend that everyone should strive for specific
      > checkpoints in each category of WAI and then add a few
      usability best
      > practice design techniques that are testable.

      sounds like you're talking about another standard...there
      are so many to choose from! ;-)

I'm on record many times as saying that the WAI Guidelines is the standard
used by many to create their own compliance criterion. This is not the same
as saying lets create new standards. We're very heavily involved in helping
to create W3C standards so I'm not likely to endorse duplication elsewhere.

      I take your point about testable criteria (in so far as
      they make verifiable claims of compliance
      possible/easier). However we should be careful not to
      take testable to mean 'machine' testable. I think
      complete automation of the testing process may not be
      possible for WCAG 2.0 without fudging the guideline. It's
      certainly not possible for WCAG 1.0.

I never mentioned machine testable. I said testable.