'

[Irl-dean] Redevelopment of the NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Wed May 17 09:38:28 IST 2006

Brendan,
thanks for that, I really appreciate it.  It is very important to the
success of this guidance to get this level of feedback from people like
yourself and other members of this list.

I am extending the consultation deadline for another couple of weeks.  I
would really appreciate it if people on this list could have, at the very
least, have a quick look at this guidance and give me any feedback you
can.  The guidance is still on the NDA website at
http://www.nda.ie/cntmgmtnew.nsf/0/34774EDB9EDC2A1E80256F8600431030?OpenDocument

In particular I would ask that any developers/designers look at the web
accessibility guidance.  Also the auditing guidance for managers may be of
interest to people who carry out audits.  You may in the future be asked
to audit a website in accordance with this guidance so please let me know
what you think.  The Smart Card guidance is not for the faint hearted but
gives an interesting insight into this technology and possible future
applications.  The ICT Procurement Toolkit has been delayed  but as soon
as it is ready I will publish it to the NDA website for comments.

Once again I urge members of the group to have a look and to send me or
post to the list any comments.  I am not the W3C over here and could use
all the input and feedback any of you can give!

Thanks,
Dónal Rice

"brendan spillane" <brendan at ilikecake.net>
Sent by: irl-dean-admin at list.eeng.dcu.ie
16/05/2006 17:57
Please respond to
irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie

irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie
cc

Subject
Re: [Irl-dean] Redevelopment of the NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines

Hi all

I have read through the "Web Accessibility Auditing - Guidance for
Managers" and have attached our opinions.

I would just like to say firstly that there has obviously been a huge
effort put into writing these and it really shows, well done to the
writers and it a great to see something like this being provided.

Secondly my opinions are just that, my opinions and I look forward to
reading anybody else's thoughts on the guidelines or of my opinions.

Vivienne has one or two thoughts at the end.

With Regards

Brendan Spillane
www.ilikecake.net
[attachment "response to the AAMG.doc" deleted by Donal Rice/Users/NDA]
[attachment "att3fjb8.dat" deleted by Donal Rice/Users/NDA]

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or enttities other than the intended recipient is prohibated. If you received this in erro, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".