'

[Irl-dean] september seminar

Barry McMullin mcmullin at eeng.dcu.ie
Wed May 31 08:11:04 IST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Hugh O'Neill wrote:

> The idea of getting Joe Clark is a good one, but for a one day
> seminar it wouldn't be worth the expense.  That said, what do
> people think of the idea of Irl-Dean organising an
> accessibility conference for next year, and inviting Joe Clark
> (and / or other big names) to speak at it?

Well ... I was really just being tongue-in-cheek about inviting
Joe Clark, but yes, I do think WCAG 2.0 may be a timely
topic. (Possibly we could have Clark on a "teleconference" style
link though...)

I think it would be good to have a mix of presentation/discussion
on WCAG 2.0 itself (what's new, the comparison with 1.0, the big
issue of defining "baselines" etc.); and also maybe some initial
reactions from developers (on how to design/evaluate against WCAG
2.0) and maybe from NDA (on their attitude to "adoption" or
superceding of WCAG 1.0 - assuming WCAG 2.0 does really get
finalised this time).  Other possibilities might be discussion of
how some specific non-W3C technologies (PDF? Flash?  MS-Office?
OpenDocument?) might be evaluated against WCAG 2.0...

Best - Barry.