'

[Irl-dean] september seminar

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Wed May 31 16:13:12 IST 2006

Barry Mcmullin wrote on 31/05/2006 08:11:04:

> I think it would be good to have a mix of presentation/discussion
> on WCAG 2.0 itself (what's new, the comparison with 1.0, the big
> issue of defining "baselines" etc.); and also maybe some initial
> reactions from developers (on how to design/evaluate against WCAG
> 2.0) and maybe from NDA (on their attitude to "adoption" or
> superceding of WCAG 1.0 - assuming WCAG 2.0 does really get
> finalised this time).

As always we are very interested in participating.  I think a discussion
on WCAG 2.0 would be very timely - maybe a round table discussion with
input from developers, auditors and the likes of NDA on likely issues that
may emerge as we move from 1.0 to 2.0.  I would also be very interested in
presenting on the new NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines which should be
nearly finalised by then and how they can support WCAG 2.0.  It will be
important that those of use who work in advisory roles within government,
education or in consultancy, represent the changes and advances that WCAG
2.0 bring in as clear a manner as possible.

Dónal Rice
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or enttities other than the intended recipient is prohibated. If you received this in erro, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".