'

[Irl-dean] Redevelopment of the NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Wed May 31 18:16:42 IST 2006

Mark Magennis wrote on 31/05/2006 17:14:41:

Thanks Mark for your feedback.  I will review each point and incorporate
changes accordingly.

> ** A general issue concerning duplication. I'm aware that the NDA
> guidelines has a section on legislation and policy and the
> Procurement Toolkit also has its own section on legislation and
> policy. These auditing guidelines have yet another one (though I
> think it might be the same or similar to the existing NDA Guidelines
> one, except that it's given a new introduction. I'm not saying this
> is bad, but just raising it as an issue. Same goes for Introductions.
> In the auditing guidelines we have an introduction to Web
> accessibility. The NDA Web guidelines have their own introduction and
> the Guidance documents have another. A similar situation exists with
> explanations of WCAG. It may be worth taking a general look at the
> amount of duplication and whether it is the best way to do this.

The "Website Accessibility Auditing - Guidance for Managers" will be
printed an NDA document.  I will incorporate a web friendly version of it
on the new NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines.  As you know I have multiple
authors working of the different parts of the guidelines.  I will have
work to do to incorporate the final versions of all of these into a usable
suite of resources on the new accessIT.nda.ie website that avoids
duplication.  There will probably be only one section on policy and
legislation, for example.  Picking the best one is going to be a
challenge.

Regards,
Dónal Rice

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or enttities other than the intended recipient is prohibated. If you received this in erro, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".