'

[Irl-dean] W3C mobileOK - have your say

Paul Walsh paul at segala.com
Tue Jul 18 20:51:55 IST 2006

Greetings Everyone,

As a follow-up to my previous email.

The Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group has released the First Public
Working Draft of the W3C mobileOK Scheme 1.0. mobileOK trustmarks indicate
that content and its delivery pass tests based on the Mobile Web Best
Practices and are designed to create an effective user experience. This is
the machine-readable trustmark that I told you about a while back.

You can read the document at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobileOK-20060712/. Please spend a little time
to read this and provide feedback to the working group.

BTW, I'm told the Mobile Web Initiative (MWI) is the second most important
initiative within the W3C, after the Semantic best practices.  It's hardly
surprising, what can be more challenging than making a site accessible on a
small screen such as a mobile device?!

The MWI is also looking for developers to provide examples of mobile
friendly Web sites that have been built using the MWI best practices, so
this could be a great opportunity for developers on this list to raise their
profile. If anyone here is interested, please let me know and I'll talk you
through the process.

Kind regards,

----

Paul Walsh
CEO

Segala - Enabling a Consistent, Reliable and Trusted Experience

HQ: 19 The Mall, Beacon Court, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland

UK: 2 Coltsfoot Drive / Burpham / Guildford / GU1 1YH / Surrey / UK
Office:     +44 (0)1483 572 800

Mobile:    +44 (0)7738 758 848

----