'

[Irl-dean] Introduction & Request for Research Input

Tim Culhane tim.culhane at criticalpath.net
Thu Jul 20 09:19:17 IST 2006

Hi,

I have just completed the survey.

I'm sure that  the site hosting the survey generates the forms
automatically, and you may have no control over the construction of the
forms.

However, it is perhaps a little unfortunate that the  labelling of radio
buttons, check boxes etc is not very accessible.

For example,  reading a radio button with Jaws results in the following
being spoken:
Button1/RadioOff_CCCCFF

And a check  box  sounds like:

Button1/CheckOf_CCCCFF

The only way of determining if the button or check box is checked is to
listen  out  for the letters 'on' or 'off'  in the above text.

Cheers,

Tim