'

[Irl-dean] Introduction & Request for Research Input

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Thu Jul 20 13:50:26 IST 2006

Trsitan, welcome to the mailing list.

> As part of my Masters, I am completing a dissertation on the topic of
"The
> Business Case for Web Accessibility", supervised by Alexis Donnelly.

I am sure we are all well aware of the oft cited motivators for
accessibility; legislation, maintenance, SEO, reputation, forward
compatibility etc.   I have never come across a case where improving the
accessibility of a website was directly linked to profitability.  If such
data were available it could prove to be a great incentive for many
companies to consider accessibility and would undoubtedly assist many
members of this mailing list in presenting the case for accessibility in
more reluctant circles (smile)

Regards,
Dónal.
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".