'

[Irl-dean] Accessible Google Search?

Mark Magennis Mark.magennis at ncbi.ie
Fri Jul 21 09:52:26 IST 2006

On 20 Jul 2006, at 12:20, Paul Walsh wrote:

> It's damaging to continue talking about accessibility as if it's
> just for
> the blind/visually impaired! I wish people would start to use
> different use
> cases and benefits.

It's also damaging to reduce the functionality for the "special
version". There is no link to Advanced Search or Preferences and no
spell check.

Although this is work in progress, it currently reinforces the
incorrect and damaging idea that accessibility is about providing
special adaptations for people with vision impairment and necessarily
means simplifying it by getting rid of functionality and aesthetics.
Hopefully this is just work in progress.