'

[Irl-dean] Request for Research Input

brendan spillane brendan at ilikecake.net
Wed Jul 26 19:33:30 IST 2006

Hi all,

Tristan thanks for giving us the opportunity of completing the survey
and welcome to the list.

I look forward to reading your masters. I am sure most here would be
happy if you posted the address where it is available once you have
completed it.

As a point though, I can't help but feel that the results for this
list will be somewhat skewed. We all have a very strong interest in
accessibility and unless I have been missing the posts I don't think
anybody's here is against its promotion. We may disagree as to how it
is to be promoted however.

Also although I answered in the survey that I was most likely to do
business with a website which promote accessibility I have
subsequently taught otherwise. Considering that some of us on this
list are involved in the design and development of websites for
companies which don't currently have an accessible website, could it
be said that we actually do more business with companies which don't
in fact have an accessible website, at least until e have finished.

There are also many here that are involved in auditing websites for
accessibility. In many cases these are not accessible, are we there
fore doing business with a company that does not have an accessible
website?

I would like to take the survey again as I had a few more points to
discuss but unfortunately I am unable to access it as it keeps saying
that I have taken it already.

With Regards

Brendan Spillane

On 26/07/06, corrywt at cs.tcd.ie <corrywt at cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Firstly, I would once again like to apologise for the issues with my
> original questionnaire on SurveyMonkey.com.  I have raised the matter with
> them.
>
> I would now like to again invite you to participate in my research by
> completing my new questionnaire, which I have developed from scratch to be
> AA compliant.
>
> The questionnaire is available at
> http://stage2.labyrinth.ie/accessibility_survey
>
> If anyone experiences any difficulties with the new survey, I would
> welcome your feedback.
>

> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Tristan

http://www.ilikecake.net
+353 1 658 4081

The information in this email (including attachments) is intended
solely for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have recieved this in error please notify
the sender and delete the material from your computer. Any
retransmission of the contents of this mail is forbidden without the
written consent of the sender. ilikecake limited does not accept
liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or
any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent.