'

[Irl-dean] Emails and Screen Readers?

brendan spillane brendan at ilikecake.net
Fri Jul 28 09:30:48 IST 2006

Hi all,

Thanks for all this, it's given me a few things to think over
especially the Text Email Standard form Headstar, what Barry mentioned
about it and the ability of the authoring tools and the composers.

Talk soon.

Brendan

On 27/07/06, Mark Magennis <Mark.magennis at ncbi.ie> wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2006, at 13:44, Barry McMullin wrote:
> > Of course, I would say that the real problem in the background of
> > the discussion is the continuing scarcity of good authoring tools
> > - including the "message composer" normally embedded within email
> > programmes - for producing accessible HTML - and of people who
> > understand how to use them...
>
> And the lack of CSS support in email clients?
>
> Mark

> NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments
> is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended
> recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of
> the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify
> the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
> delete it and any attachments from your system.
>
> NCBI endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated
> by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However,
> it cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are
> transmitted.  We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
>
> Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email
> and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent the views of NCBI

http://www.ilikecake.net
+353 1 658 4081

The information in this email (including attachments) is intended
solely for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this in error please notify
the sender and delete the material from your computer. Any
retransmission of the contents of this mail is forbidden without the
written consent of the sender. ilikecake limited does not accept
liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or
any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent.