'

[Irl-dean] Government Action Plan for 2006-2008

Mark Magennis mark.magennis at ncbi.ie
Thu Aug 3 15:58:24 IST 2006

Dear all,

I've just received issue 1 of Knowledge Society News, an email
newsletter produced by the Information Society Policy Unit in the
Department of the Taoiseach. One of the articles, reproduced below,
is about the new Government Action Plan for 2006-2008. The draft plan
is due to be published later this year. This is the first I've heard
of it. Presumably it is a follow up to the 2002 policy document 'New
Connections'. Anyway, the article says that "Ireland's new Government
action plan will focus chiefly on eInclusion". Whahey! Sounds like
good news. It goes on to say that "Wide consultation with
stakeholders on the plan has begun, co-ordinated by the ISPU". Anyone
here know anything about this? Anyone been consulted yet or been
invited to a consultation?

Mark