'

[Irl-dean] Government Action Plan for 2006-2008

Barry McMullin mcmullin at eeng.dcu.ie
Thu Aug 3 16:25:29 IST 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Mark Magennis wrote:

> I've just received issue 1 of Knowledge Society News, an email
> newsletter produced by the Information Society Policy Unit in the
> Department of the Taoiseach.

Yes, I got it too.  Or, at least, I got a plain text email with a
link to where I could see it online.  Did you literally receive
the whole newsletter by email Mark? (Maybe the difference is that
I would have indicated a preference for plain text email in a
previous subscription with ISPU...)

Anyway yes, it looks interesting and encouraging in an
aspirational sort of way.  But no, I am certainly not aware of,
and have not been approached about, this new "wide consultation".

But if I were ... I guess I would, rather boringly, start with
the newsletter itself.  Non-standard HTML (no DOCTYPE), with
presentational markup (font all over the place) and nested tables
for layout.

Hmmm.

It's not rocket science any more guys!

Best - Barry.