'

[Irl-dean] Government Action Plan for 2006-2008

Anthony Carrick anthonycarrick at disability-federation.ie
Fri Aug 4 15:28:39 IST 2006

Hi Folks -

The recently published Social Partnership Agreement 2006-2015, 'Towards
2016' states in section 31.4.3

3. Exploitation of Information and Communications Technology

* A strategic framework on eInclusion is currently being developed by
the eInclusion Stakeholders Group. Its priority areas for action are
access and connectivity, skills, awareness and content. In this context,
a national eInclusion strategy will be developed so that everyone has
the opportunity, through encouragement, awareness, support, enablement
and participation, to exploit ICTs to improve their quality of life, and
the cohesiveness and well-being of their communities. It will be
developed in line with the NAPinclusion and the i2010 Initiative - 'a
European Information Society for growth and employment'. The role of
intermediaries, including community & voluntary organisations, in
reaching the late adopters of technology will be critical to the
implementation of this Strategy.

By the way, in relation to the Knowledge Society Newsletter, has anyone
come across a newsletter that is harder to subscribe to?  If I didn't
know it existed, I'd never have managed to find it on the website.
There is no information or reference to it without digging DEEP.

Best wishes,

Anthony

ANTHONY CARRICK
SUPPORT OFFICER
Disability Federation of Ireland
*      Fumbally Court

Fumbally Lane
DUBLIN 8

*        01 454 7978 (Office)
*        086 820 6736 (Mobile)
*        01 454 7981 (Fax)
www.disability-federation.ie <http://www.disability-federation.ie/>

If your organisation would like to become a member of DFI or you know of
another organisation that would benefit by being a member please contact
me to hear more about DFI and how we can help and support you.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this email, although a few
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.