'

[Irl-dean] Government Action Plan for 2006-2008

brendan spillane brendan at ilikecake.net
Tue Aug 8 10:47:09 IST 2006

Hi all,

Like Mark I received the entire newsletter in email format, truth be
told I had to check my diary as to when I subscribed and it was over 2
months ago. So it was a present surprise.

I have been in contact with one person in the Dep of the Taoiseach and
I have sent him an email to see who exactly is the stakeholders group
and by what means do they do their consultation with the community.

I am awaiting a better response from someone further up but I have
been informed by him that the stakeholders group is made up of "the
big organisations" "farmers, health service, unions etc" hence my
waiting for another response.

I did however receive the following information.

The ISPU is not a continuation of the ISC www.isc.ie though they do
have at least one person in common that my research has found.

The ISPU it is made up only of people within the civil service. This
is an organisational diagram of the top level of the unit
http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/index.asp?docID=1456

They have not decided if they are to have a working group covering
accessibility or eInclusion though he did hint that they may be using
the NDA. Donal?

As to the consultation with "stakeholders" and "the community" I was
expecting to hear the reply of the NDA, VICS, DFI etc, you will
understand my surprise when I heard "the big organisations" the
"farmers" I am guessing IFA? "health service, unions among others"

This is only my belief and in no way fact but I believe that this
newsletter was written as a piece of government PR as it hints that
the govt are doing a lot more and directly asking the community and
the disabled community as to what should be done for eInclusion. It is
only because of this list that I understand that most of the people
who I would have expected to be involved are in fact not.

As I find out more or receive a better reply ill post.

With Regards

Brendan Spillane

--
http://www.ilikecake.net
+353 1 658 4081

The information in this email (including attachments) is intended
solely for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this in error please notify
the sender and delete the material from your computer. Any
retransmission of the contents of this mail is forbidden without the
written consent of the sender. ilikecake limited does not accept
liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or
any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent.