'

[Irl-dean] U N e-accessibility Day, dec. 3rd

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Mon Aug 14 22:48:04 IST 2006

Hi,

as already posted here, the U N has decided that the theme for this year's International disability day on dec. 3rd will be e-access.

I would like to see a joint approach by several organisations to come up with a specific idea that can be pursued on the day. why not design for all?

I plan to contact several organisations over the next couple of weeks, but this list is a great place to start.

I was speaking at a U N organised meeting whilst at the first world summit on the Information society, thus have some senior contacts there. maybe we could approach them to seek support or work with organisations in other european countries?

Have people any ideas on what could be done? Maybe an exhibition of products and services developed according to design for all principles, maybe a document explaining in simple english what is and what is not design for all, maybe even a technical manual with a similar aim, maybe convincing the irish Internet association that golden spider awards should only be awarded to sites which are accessible, maybe something completely different.

any ideas?

who else should be involved?

I mentioned this briefly to Hugh O'Neill by phone today. He seemed to think it was a goer; what about everyone else?

take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT

Tel   (+353-1) 282-7791