'

[Irl-dean] U N e-accessibility Day, dec. 3rd

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Fri Aug 18 15:12:10 IST 2006

I'm setting up a standards and best practices working group (amongst others)
within BIMA (www.bima.co.uk), please ignore the current site as it's going
under the knife to make it more interactive and accessible. This working
group will be responsible for promoting best practices such as accessibility
to agencies and 'clients'. I've noticed usability companies become members
just to be part of the working group.

What's the best forum in Ireland to do this? I can't locate an Irish
equivalent to BIMA. Segala is soon to launch an affiliate programme of
companies who will award Web sites with accessibility compliance
certificates - to help raise the company profile we are going to host
networking events and round tables in Ireland as we've done in the UK up to
now. If Irl-dean is going to be more engaging with face to face events
throughout the year we'd be happy to be part of that.

It's a good idea to get real users in front of people some of the time. But
unfortunately I also think it's the $ that turns people on most, followed by
corporate responsibility and moral obligations.

Kind regards,