'

[Irl-dean] ASC Initiative

Mark Magennis Mark.magennis at ncbi.ie
Wed Sep 6 16:31:43 IST 2006

This may be worth a go for some people on the list. The funding is
geared towards projects in digital content and skills development for
people with disabilities. The idea is to increase awareness and
relevance of ICT through the availability of relevant content and to
foster communities of common interest through on-line services and
networks.

Words like 'blog', 'podcast', 'discussion forum' and 'social
networking' spring immediately to mind. Give people with disabilities
the tools and training and let them create relevant content for
themselves and each other.

The funding should cover 100% of staff costs, equipment, travel, etc.
As far as I can see, there are no restrictions on who can apply.

The only snag is that the successful proposals won't be announced
until probably mid to end November and the money has to be spent by
the end of December, which leaves only 6 to 8 weeks work that can be
covered. Still, that's enough time to do something.

Anyone got any ideas for a short project they want to share?

Mark

On 25 Aug 2006, at 15:42, drice at nda.ie wrote:

> Hi all,
> the Department of the Taoiseach announced on Wednesday the launch
> of this year's e-inclusion fund (the mandatory 'e' is there for
> your benefit, Paul <smile>).
> It's similar to other years' funding except it is now called the
> ASC (Access, Skills and Content) Initiative and the amount this
> year is €1.5 mill.
>
> Full details including application forms are available at on the
> Dept of the Taoiseach website: http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/
> index.asp?docID=2135
> The closing date for receipt of application forms is 5pm on
> Wednesday 20 September 2006.
>
> Regards,
> Dónal Rice.
>
> "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is
> the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the
> sending of offensive material and should you consider that the
> material contained in this message is offensive you should contact
> the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".

Dr. Mark Magennis
Director of the Centre for Inclusive Technology (CFIT)
National Council for the Blind of Ireland
Whitworth Road, Dublin 9, Republic of Ireland
www.cfit.ie

mark.magennis at ncbi.ie   tel: +353 (0)71 914 7464