'

[Irl-dean] UN e-accessibility day in December.

Hugh O'Neill honeill at crc.ie
Mon Sep 25 13:53:38 IST 2006

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who attended the seminar, and thanks again to our speakers Sorcha, Donal and Pier Luigi. Please find attached minutes from the discussions we held afterwards. Presentations from the seminar are available from http://www.design-for-all.ie/index.php/2006/09/21/presentations-now-available-from-irl-dean-seminar/. Any problems with the formats of the presentations, please let me know, and corrections or updates to the minutes are welcomed.

Following on from that meeting, we were discussing the possibilities for using the UN 'e-accessibilitity day' to promote design for all.
One of the ideas agreed on at the meeting was an event to focus upon design-for-all within education. This will allow us to have a very focused event, and hopefully have a  very practical impact with what we do. Barry McMullin volunteered to host the event in DCU.

For those interested in getting involved, there will be a meeting in DCU at 3.30 on Monday the 2nd of October, in the Research and Engineering Centre (the building straight in front of you if you enter by the Collins road entrance). We'll meet in the atrium.

All the best,

Hugh O'Neill
Project Co-ordinator,
Central Remedial Clinic.

ph: +353 1 8057587
email:honeill at crc.ie
 <<minutes1.doc>>

Information in this e-mail (including attachment) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. opinions expressed  in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of the Central Remedial Clinic. If this email has been received in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify us by email at helpdesk at crc.ie and thereafter delete this email from your system.