'

[Irl-dean] Creating accessible javascript

Claude Saulnier claude.saulnier at wandsoft.com
Wed Sep 27 09:27:07 IST 2006

Hi Tim

For menus, check http://alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/. Very easy to set
up and configure. It uses event handlers and works when js is disabled. From
a Jaws point of view, it looks like a list

For forms, if the form is built with javascript, I would not have much hope.
It would seem to me a complicated way to build them. Check
http://simplyaccessible.org/ . For form validation, do not rely only on
javascript. It can be disabled and might cause security problems when it is
submitted.

To solve the problem, we built a form manager, built from a database which
allows us to build compliant forms in no time.

Regards

Claude

--
Claude Saulnier
Managing Director

WANDSOFT : Simplifying e-Business!

43 Sundrive Road, Kimmage, Dublin 12, Ireland
phone: +353 1 492 0186
web: www.wandsoft.com
mail: claude.saulnier at WANDSOFT.com
skype: WANDSOFT