'

[Irl-dean] Creating accessible javascript

Gez Lemon gez.lemon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:58:05 IST 2006

Hi Barry,

> Jez' footnotes seemed to get lost somewhere along the way to me
> (?) but I presume the [1] refers to some or all of the
> checkpoints in Guideline 6 of UAAG 1.0.

Sorry, the footnotes should have been:

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#gl-accessible-interface
[2] http://www.nda.bunnyfoot.co.uk/developers/dev_design_basics_tech/design_tech2.3.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/wai-pageauth.html#tech-keyboard-operable-scripts
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#tech-device-independent-handlers

> Indeed, I didn't think it required user agents to provide *any*
> general purpose "execution environment" per se (whether the code
> is provided from the server side or the client side).
>
> But Jez seems to imply that there *is* a requirement on UAAG user
> agents to provide such an execution environment, and, indeed, to
> support execution of server provided code/script. Or am I
> mis-understanding?  I would genuinely appreciate any
> clarification here if I've got this wrong!

I am referring to guideline 6; in particular checkpoint 6.2 which
requires the normative bindings specified in the DOM 2 core
specification, or some other public specification.

Regards,

Gez