'

[Irl-dean] Excellence Through Accessibility Awards

drice at nda.ie drice at nda.ie
Fri Sep 29 09:23:31 IST 2006

Josh/Barry,
its neither of you - the NDA website was unavailable yesterday for a few
hours due to a DNS error.  Its all back-up and running now - you can get
more info on the EtA awards here <http://www.nda.ie/EtA>

Thanks for the kind words, Josh.  I hope this initiative goes from
strength to strength.  Four bodies received the award this year but many
others have signed up and we are actively working with them to improve the
accessibility of their service across a number of areas.  One of the most
common pieces of feedback we get from applicant sites is how useful they
find the technical support we provide in the ICT and Built Environment
areas.

I urge anybody on this list who has any engagement with a public sector
body to encourage them to go for this award process.  It is a high
standard to achieve but is very attainable.

Regards,
Dónal Rice.

Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor at ncbi.ie>
Sent by: irl-dean-admin at list.eeng.dcu.ie
28/09/2006 14:11
Please respond to
irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie

irl-dean at list.eeng.dcu.ie
cc

Subject
Re: [Irl-dean] Excellence Through Accessibility Awards

>> <http://www.nda.ie>
>>
>> Is it just me or is the site really broken?

Its not you!!

Josh

Barry McMullin wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Joshue O Connor wrote:
>
>> I just wish to give a quick congrats to Donal and the NDA for the first
>> "Excellence Through Accessibility" awards ceremony in the Mansion house
>> this week.
>
> Great to hear it went well ... so I scurried off to the NDA site
> to see who the winners were ... and just got an ad page from a
> hosting company.
>
> <http://www.nda.ie>
>
> Is it just me or is the site really broken?
>
> Best - Barry.

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".