'

[Irl-dean] Introduction

Graham McAllister g.mcallister at qub.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 14:22:13 IST 2006

Hi All,

I also have recently become a member of Irl-dean, here's a short bio.

I'm a lecturer in Music Technology at the Sonic Arts Research Centre
at Queen's University Belfast.  My research is focussed on the area
of Accessibility and I'm currently involved in 3 projects in this
area.  I'll give a brief description of each.

1. Multimodal feedback of internet information.  Using audio and
haptics to convey visual information in the area of web browsing.
Project website www.web4blind.org

2. ENABLED - Enhanced Network Accessibility for the Blind and
Visually Impaired.  This is an IST FP6 funded project aiming to
improve access to digital information for blind and visually impaired
users.  Project website www.enabledweb.org

3. Improved access to public exhibitions.  This project aims to
improve the accessibility of public exhibitions such as art
galleries, museums etc, by using novel technologies.

I'm also interested in designing Accessible games, I've recently
completed a three month industrial placement working for a computer
games company in Denmark.  At SARC we've also just finished creating
a technology that allows for the rapid creation of computer games
using the PHANTOM Omni, this should provide exciting opportunities
for designing accessible games with haptics in the future.

I am also director of a company that provides consultancy in
Accessibility and Usability.

Think that's it!

Graham.

Dr Graham McAllister