'

[Irl-dean] CTSD is focal point for WSIS follow-up

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Sun Oct 8 21:39:06 IST 2006

Hi,

WSIS is the First World summit on the Information society (Phase 1 in Geneva, Phase 2 in Tunis). I was lucky enough to attend and speak at conferences at both (not the plenary sessions, unfortunately).

One of the strengths of the Summit was the breadth and sheer number of participants from all over the world. this was also one of the weaknesses as one could only get one's message over to a small number of people.

My reading of what frank sent is that if you want to be involved in a set of follow-up activities, get involved with the initiative he mentioned. a strong developemnt orientation, I take it, refers to development of under developed parts of the world, not development of software. that's my guess, anyway.

take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT

Tel   (+353-1) 282-7791