'

[Irl-dean] UN Disability Day - NCBI technology event

Mark Magennis Mark.magennis at ncbi.ie
Mon Oct 9 16:41:44 IST 2006

Dear all,

Here's a heads up on an event we are planning to celebrate UN
Disability Day.

NCBI will be holding a technology day on Friday December 1st in the
CFIT offices at NCBI head office in Drumcondra. It will be aimed at
people who design and deploy technologies that are used by the
public, including employers, educators, public sector service
providers, design students, IT developers, etc. The day will consist
of a range of presentations, demonstrations, hands on experience,
tours of the CFIT user testing facility and a chance to meet with
technology users and discuss access issues. Attendance will be by
invitation only, due to space limitations.

We will also be involved in the two other events that are being
planned - the Irl-DeAN education access event and the NDA launch of
the new IT accessibility guidelines tools. Unfortunately, we were
unable to attend the planning meeting for the Irl-DeAN event the
other day, but we would like to have a CFIT stand at the event and
would also like to help arrange and run the user demonstrations,
which we think are a great idea.

All the best,