'

[Irl-dean] Disability Statistics

Claude Saulnier claude.saulnier at wandsoft.com
Wed Oct 11 13:15:06 IST 2006

Hi Mark

This is great and the document is easier to digest than the CSO one (it was
a good start).
Thanks to the other contributors for feedback.

I agree that many businesses may not care. My view is to do my best to raise
the awareness. As I highlighted to the various people I met in the last
couple of acessibility meetings, I am now converted to the issue of
acessibility. It only took me a retina detachment (now recovered) to realise
how vulnerable we all are. Most of our clients are not in the public sector,
and I can tell you that when I start highlighting the issue of
accessibility, people look at me with this "so what" type of look.

I suppose I would like to simplify facts to simple things that anyone can
understand: if I give the example of a colour blind person looking at a red
& green website seeing it in black, some people may think of their own
website. As Frank highlighted, talking about people with temporary
disabilities Pregnant women, broken legs, or recovery from retina detachment
can emphasize the case of using e-Business in the day to day life in the
first place, then raise the issue of visual accessibility.

For information, the topic for my presentation is as follows (sorry, I know
it is not the main place for this, but some of you might be interested):

- An overview of how to use e-Business to simplify the way your company
operates allowing you to concentrate on the core business.
- How to apply simple, easy to use principles to reduce overheads while
increasing efficiency within your business.
- Maximising new opportunities using blogs, search engines, accessible
technology and shifting some elements of business processes to your clients.

We have our Enterprise Ireland DA and Realex who will speak at it.

Claude
--
Claude Saulnier
Managing Director

WANDSOFT : Simplifying e-Business!

43 Sundrive Road, Kimmage, Dublin 12, Ireland
phone: +353 1 492 0186

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: The contents of this e-mail and any attachment are
the property of WANDSOFT and intended for the addressee only. The above
and/or the attached is client privileged and/or confidential and is for the
use only of the intended recipient. Any reader of this message who is not
the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver to
the intended recipient, is notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
communication in error please notify us immediately and delete all copies
from your computer system. Subsequent alterations to this electronic message
after its transmission will be disregarded.

VIRUS WARNING: you are requested to carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment. WANDSOFT accept no liability for any loss or damage
which may be caused by software viruses.