'

[Irl-dean] Firefox Party

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Mon Oct 16 15:22:13 IST 2006

Hi Gerry,

Mozilla are celebrating the release of Firefox 2.0. They're two years old as
a company also. So, people are arranging parties around the world to help
celebrate and promote Firefox as an open source, standards conscientious
browser.

FYI Mozilla was setup by ex Netscape people which is why they both use the
same Gecko engine. This is the technical reason why both Netscape and
Firefox have so many similarities in accessibility issues and support.

I'm arranging the party in Dublin and a good friend/partner is arranging the
London Party. The London party is hosted by the company that maintains
www.spreadfirefox.com, the Mozilla development community web site. I'm
waiting to hear back from Enterprise Ireland as I've asked them to support
it.

So I'm looking to attract as many people as possible. Anyway, do we need an
excuse to get drunk and make fools of ourselves?!

Let me know if you have any suggestions about a suitable venue.

Cheers
Paul
p.s. the site is pretty terrible so please let me know if you have a problem
registering