'

[Irl-dean] Firefox Party

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Mon Oct 16 15:37:09 IST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshue O Connor

Gerry is not the only one, I'm not sure myself. What will happen at the
party?
I do also feel a little ambivalent towards these kind of things. Though
I do think Firefox is great
I don't know if I love it enough to celebrate.

[PW] It won't be for everyone so perhaps this isn't your cup of tea. From
the 2 responses I've received, I take it NCBI won't be attending. Same
really as it could do with taking advantage of these opportunities to
actually meet the people who make a huge difference to Web accessibility.

Everyone that does attend needs to learn more about the importance of making
the Web more accessible. As Gez pointed out in a previous thread, accessible
content is only one part of the problem. User agents (such as Firefox which
has around 11% market share!) also need to be more standards compliant. It's
not an accessibility related party but it would enable you to mix with
important decision makers in the value chain.

I'm not entirely sure what to do yet but that doesn't stop people from
registering their interest now. I attended an AOL reunion last night with
some of the guys (including Adrian) I started with in 1995. Some of them
have already said they'd love to attend.

What's next, a Thunderbird Tupperware get-together?

[PW] If it allows you to mix with some very respected people within the
industry over beer then why not!