'

[Irl-dean] Accessibility of PDF Format Resources?

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at ncbi.ie
Tue Nov 21 11:55:45 GMT 2006

Hello All,

I am delighted to see so much interest and intelligent discussion going
on regarding PDF.

Its been most enlightening and stimulating. Gerry made some very good
points:

> I had occasion recently to review some eforms documents. these are PdF documents with buttons,
>radio buttons, edit boxes etc designed to allow information be input into the document so it acts like a form.

Gerry are you moonlighting with Adobe? :)

>Part of the process involved talking for over an hour with Andrew Kirkpatrick, who is one of Adobe's top accessibility gurus in the States.
>The eforms documetns, which came from a third party, were awful. Even the samples sent to me by Andrew were, at best, difficult to use.

I would be very interested in hearing more about this kind of work if
you do any more. Andrew is a very capable developer and understands how
accessible content is authored and how people with disabilities use AT,
so I would respect his opinion.