'

[Irl-dean] Introduction

HFarrell at nda.ie HFarrell at nda.ie
Thu Nov 23 09:39:43 GMT 2006

Hi
I wanted to introduce myself to the irl-dean list. I'm the Librarian with
the National Disability Authority, and I have a strong interest in
e-accessibility both in terms of our service delivery and collections, as
well as a personal interest.

My background is varied - primary degree in Archaeology/Geograpy, and
after a few years working as a field archaeologist, I went back to college
and studied for H.Dip in Library and Information Studies where I focussed
on E-publishing.
I worked in e-publishing for a couple of years after graduation, where I
headed up a project to markup the Law Reform Commission's back catalogue
of publications in XML, and many other e-publishing projects, some with
e-accessibility requirements.

I've been working more as a traditional librarian ever since then, but
still involved and interested in e-accessibility, most recently being a
member of the Website Implementation Team within the NDA, and on an
ongoing basis in terms of how we deliver the library service in the NDA.

Looking forward to lots of interesting posts on this list,

Kind regards,

Helen Farrell,
Librarian,
National Disability Authority,
25 Clyde Road,
Dublin 4
Ireland.
Tel 353 1 6080433
Fax 353 1 6080431
Email hfarrell at nda.ie or library at nda.ie
Web address www.nda.ie/library

- Check out the NDA library www.nda.ie/library for over 40,000 books,
journal articles and reference material on disability, and related topics.

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the National Disability Authority to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder at nda.gov.ie".