'

[Irl-dean] Possible Irl DeAN events?

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at ncbi.ie
Thu Nov 23 11:07:05 GMT 2006

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the suggestions. In brief I feel that it is a very good idea
for Irl Dean members to share their knowledge and experience with other
members. We should support each other in the spirit of mutual
co-operation in order to fulfill what I would see as an organisational
goal - which is to serve the needs of people with disabilities and the
wider society.

To do this I suggested that Irl Dean could provide a forum where group
members could share their knowledge with other members. In many ways the
list serves that purpose but it is often better to really meet and
discuss these things face to face.

> refresh my memory about the topic you thought to
> speak about as an example?

Well there are many topics that we could all put our collective
consciousness into such as PDF, Web 2.0, Dynamic web applications and
its impact on users of assistive technology, AJAX, e-publishing (its
great to see Helen on the list), the organisational challenges faced by
public sector groups, DAISY the list goes on.

I would really like to hear what others have to say about all of the above.

For me this would be best discussed in the new year as I am a little
over subscribed at the moment.

All the best