'

[Irl-dean] (no subject)

Oliver McVeigh oliver.mcveigh at riverdocs.com
Wed Nov 29 11:41:47 GMT 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm as new addition to the list and as my 'initiation' have been asked to
introduce myself :-)

I've been involved in website accessibility for about 3 years now - worked
previously with Texthelp, getting their Browsealoud solution of the ground.
I've spoken at various events on website accessibility, discussing
particular how those with

Dyslexia
Where English is not their first language
Limited sight
Low literacy levels

access website content.

Having been involved with accessibility and usability testing with groups of
people with various disabilities affecting their access to web content, I'm
firmly in support of accessible websites and the drive to make
non-accessible websites accessible.

Hope this hasn't bored you too much on this Wednesday morning.

While I've got your attention, I need to pick a few brains.  Can anybody
point me in the direction of someone in Government who may have exposure to
how various departments are making their documents accessible?  I am looking
for someone who may be in a position to articulate a pan-Government view
based on some anecdotal evidence.

Many thanks in advance,

Olly

Oliver McVeigh