'

[Irl-dean] Do you want to help promote standards to companies in Ireland?

Paul Walsh, Segala paul at segala.com
Mon Dec 4 13:51:39 GMT 2006

Great to know that it's getting so much support already!

As a nasty quick fix, I have published a spreadsheet on Google where you can
sign up. I'll publish something more accessible as soon as I get a chance
over the next few days. If the spreadsheet isn't accessible to you please do
let me know. I'm very sorry for not publishing an accessible document
straight away but I'll provide as much support as required by email and
phone.

If you're interested in helping to setup the UPA please fill in the form at
http://tinyurl.com/yeueuv

To learn more about the UPA please visit http://www.upassoc.org/

FYI. I know Catriona Campbell, founder of the UPA England. Catriona is also
founder of Foviance [1] (previously known as The Usability Company). She
helped the RNIB setup its accessibility consultancy arm in the UK also.
Chris Rourke, MD of User Vision, [2] is founder of UPA Scotland. User Vision
is a Segala Certified Partner for accessibility, so I know him very well
also. Oh, I'm Chair of the British Interactive Media Association - trade
association for the digital industry in the UK. So, we can collaborate with
the UK a bit more on usability and accessibility and be more proactive on
knowledge sharing.

The UPA is a formal Professional Body so it will be a great opportunity for
you to make a difference whilst raising your own profile. It's likely to
become a focal point for media and analysts looking to a formal source of
information on such matters.

[1] http://foviance.com/
[2] http://uservision.co.uk/

Thanks again