'

[Irl-dean] Accessible CMSes

Eoin Campbell ecampbell at xmlw.ie
Thu Dec 7 11:20:24 GMT 2006

We have evaluated both Terminal Four and pTools (another Irish CMS
vendor) for different government clients,
and found that both are capable (with the appropriate configuration) of
generating accessible
pages. However, without appropriate user training, it is also quite
possible to generate
inaccessible pages with them.

The Open Source CMS Drupal is used by the NCBI for its relaunched
website, and is accessible.
I believe Mambo and Joomla, two other popular Open Source CMSs, also
claim to be
either accessible, or planning to become accessible.

Moodle, an Open Source Learning Management System, is also building in
accessibility,
and these features are in versions 1.6 and 1.7, I think.

--
Eoin Campbell, Technical Director, XML Workshop Ltd.
10 Greenmount Industrial Estate, Harolds Cross, Dublin, Ireland.